Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never thought to much about it but is it a waste of time to hit the beach on these days or do they produce just as well?? I hate to sit around the house all weekend plus its my birthday weekend and im on fall break from school...prime time fishing was on the schedule...let me know!!

Dave

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Never thought to much about it but is it a waste of time to hit the beach on these days or do they produce just as well?? I hate to sit around the house all weekend plus its my birthday weekend and im on fall break from school...prime time fishing was on the schedule...let me know!!

Dave
Wind in your face you have a good chance. Much over 25 knot and you may need to repaint your truck.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Hints for fishing in the wind

1. Park you truck/4x4 upwind and sit on the down wind side.

2. Put on extra weight or storm weights and throw into the direction of the waves and tide coming in. As soon as your bait hits the water, close the bail and let it sink, then walk back towards the truck and pull the weight back towards the beach to help it wedge into the sand.

3. Also hold your rod, don't spike it as you will need to feel a strike and not depend on sight.

Good luck

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Regarding the wind and current, like Fireline said, cast into the current, more or less like you're casting upstream in a river. I find this works especially well with frog's tongue sinkers. Holding the rod definitely helps as well because the wind usually puts a bow in the line, and unless you're fishing for bigger fish that will normally hit and run, you'll end up getting cleaned out before you realize it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts