Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Oceans East II this morning to pick up some bllodworms, and they were selling rag worms instead.
I have never used these before. According to the guy behind the counter, they are really long, they heal after you cut em, and you can store em at room temperature...all very interesting...but Will they catch fish? I will be doing some tidal river pier fishing..croakers and spot etc...will they get the job done? Thanks in advance for any info! :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ragworms!

Tried ragworms once not much success. We ran into the same problem yesterday(sat) about the bloodworms. Couldn't get but one bag(limited) at a time. But at $ 8 I didn't want but 1. We were at locklies marina. So we went back to a little store and bought night crawlers because I heard that people use them and we caught just as many croaker and spot on them as the bloodworms. plus much cheaper and easier to find.

Good luck,
Steve

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
If these are the same worms I'm thinking about(lots of different worms in this world). I tryed them once or twice, with nothing memorable happening. Most of the stores quit selling them this could be they were just not selling. I believe most fishermen would have tried them and their results would have driven their purchase.
By the way a company from England has figured out a way to breed Bloodworms Commercially. They do breed Ragworms in England (they require cool storage).
Try them but for a good test they need tobe used side by side with blood worms.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.