Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if there were any good reports recently on the JRB. I will be down this weekend and I am debating wether or not to try my luck at Grandview for some Cobia or Sharks or hit the JRB for spot and croaker. Any info would be greatly appricated.:cool: ;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Been to both of them this past week. JRB has a pretty steady croaker spot bite, but you need to wait till around 6pm or so not much going on during the daylight hours. Got 2 keeper fliunder and a couple nice croaker at grandview. I was there thursday didnt see and cobia or here talks of them but i did see one small shark caught. If you want to go out for a wider varity of fish i would say hit grandview, if you want a pretty good garantee to catch at least something i would say hit the JRB around 5 ish or so. If you hit thr JRB i would bring blood worms cause they are tearing them up. Hope it helps and good luck

·
Registered
57 Posts
Big T,

I went to JRB last weekend on Sat in the afternoon using Grass Shrimp which I caught at low tide in Yorktown with a drop net.
I could have fished at Yorktown pier or Glouester Pier but all I usually catch there are Croakers and small Blues. I caught so many this summer already and get bored so I wented to try something new.

I was aiming for White Perch at JRB. Me and the family filled half a cooler with White Perch on the left side of the JRB casting under the pillings. Some of the White Perch were 1/2 to 1 lb in side.
You need to use a very small hook like size 4, or 6 b/c the Grass shrimp are so small. I couldn't even wrap my hand all the way around the fish b/c it was so wide and you know how small White Perch can be. Two at a time, two at a time.....very fun little fish.
Total score 6 small Stripers, yes Stripers love to eat Grass Shrimp also, we let those go, 1 Croaker and about
70 White Perch! Not bad day of family fishing. Lots of fish cleaning later.

So If you want to have fast fishing action with the wife and kids.
I would try JRB with Grass shrimp on the left side of JRB.

Good lucky

Danielkmai

1 - 4 of 4 Posts