Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you getting ready to make trip... WAIT...
For those that will anyway..
41.50 KING caught by "Smurf" Aka Mr. Ed.....
40+ inch Bull Reds are Still to be caught...
Seen 2 caught today..
Bait preferred, any Cut bait, Fish Head, on a Circle hook, Drum Rig..
LOTS of (abit illegal) Black Drum caught, Pan sized.. I have TWO OPINONS on this there is NO Shortage of Blackies.... DMF missed the boat on this.. :confused:

Water(s) were looking Like Black Coffee...
Blues on mullet cut bait, SMALL Pomps. Small croakers..
No SPOTS...
Light & variable winds 5 to 10 WSW....
Water temp 78
Seas "Slight"..

·
Registered
419 Posts
I agree with you on the Black Drum - I've never caught one before and this season they are thick! When they all grow up and come back next season we'll have some nice keepers.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Been surf fishing every day all day with only small jacks and pompanos and spots mixed in. Didnt know people kept such small pomps down here. Couple small black drum and tons of grass and debris for me. Where are the puppy drum??

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been surf fishing every day all day with only small jacks and pompanos and spots mixed in. Didnt know people kept such small pomps down here. Couple small black drum and tons of grass and debris for me. Where are the puppy drum??

Condition(s) are unfavorable ATM, Winds have turned NE~E @ 20 to 30 mph... *Showers*.. ex: sideways rain.. Seas 4 to 5 with a few 6 footers thrown in for good measure..
Looking for the spots to show, next couple tide cycles & a "Drum Bite" to get underway..
I'm guessing Late Sunday into Monday..
There Have been a few Kings caught on Carolina & Kure piers.. (Today), and OCP across the CFR..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts