Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be fishing on the GA coast(Tybee Pier) this comeing weekend. With Isabel passing by, the surf is going to be real ruff the first couple of days. My question is....How does everyone feel about fishing really ruff surf? Has anyone had a real productive day when it's bad? I have heard that you will catch larger fish when it's ruff? Is this true? How has a hurricane passing far off the coast affected the fishing in your area? Thanks.

I wish good luck to all ya'll in N. Carolina/Virginia area>>>BE SAFE!

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Go fish back in the creeks, and you'll do fine. I fished in T.S. Kyle last year and caught some whiting, but the trout and flounder don't like the strong current and murky water. I know of a few places you can go that shouldn't be affected by the weather.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Tybee Pier

Fatback: Does the Tybee Pier have a website? What is the best season in your neck of the woods. To answer your question I have always found bay fishing to be a little off during storms like these...I have never fished in surf over 4' so I can't report. I have always been fascinated by the Georgia coast..I have an uncle in Marietta(Cobb County) and have been bass fishn' in Suwanee area but have never been out to the coast..play it safe in the storm..Tight Lines to All! Murphman :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.