Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never been there after hours.

Can you fish anywhere or is there designated area for night fishing? Is one area safer than another? Any area lighted?

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
After all the non-fishing people leave you can fish anywhere.

No lights on the surf/beach.

Most fish straight out from the Small Craft Launch parking lot. It is the last parking lot on the left, after the boat launch road.

Use Google map satellite to see the area.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Do they have a gate or something to close the area? Are you permitted in after hours, or do you need to get in before it closes and stay the night?

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Just remember, it is illegal "To possess striped bass while fishing in the Chesapeake Bay or its tidal tributaries from 12 a.m. to 5 a.m." - per the regs...

Sandcrab

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have had a dnr agent tell me at like 3 a.m. I still wasn't aloud to fish in swimming area at night but he did make it clear that was more his rule because he didn't want swimmer's to get hooks etc. In there foot

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
I have had a dnr agent tell me at like 3 a.m. I still wasn't aloud to fish in swimming area at night but he did make it clear that was more his rule because he didn't want swimmer's to get hooks etc. In there foot

That's funny; because they sure don't care when the swimmer start swimming in the non swimming are or right in front of your rods.

·
Registered
537 Posts
That is so true, day light swimmers does it before your rods , some times the Rangers may verbal rebuke them , then few minutes later they are back

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yaah always the fisherman fault I guess and as for the 12am till 5 am rule they knows that's the best dang time to catch em lol

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I'd love to see the science behind that rule.:confused:
It is so you can't catch two days limits in one trip.
Say you went fishing at 9pm on Friday, and caught ypur Friday's limit.
Stayed till 3 am Saturday, and caught another, Saturday's limit.
At least that is what a DNR cop told me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts