Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, it's spelled right.

I was just thinking, that the members on this Board, seem to have Values and Ideals that are very similar to My own.

It's obvious that our ages and backgrounds are very diverse, but still, there is much We hold in common.

That led Me to wonder if there are any other "Blue Lodge" members out there ?

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Very interesting observation. I have two very close friends that are Blue Lodge members so I know exactly where you are coming from. Ideals and moral values are the two things that bind our P&S family and I find it not just on our board but up and down the coast. I'm on other forums both fishing and non fishing and our forum is the only one were we actually talk on a personal level. It's beyond me how we attract such wonderful and caring people but I feel privileged to be part of it.

Catman.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
How go's the saying?

"Birds of a feather flock together"

Over the years I've been on so many boards I can't even remember them all. The closest board to todays P&S, was the old Mowire but thats long gone. Now it's not much more than a AOL chat room. Smoothbore, Drumdum and a few others you remember how the wire was? We helped people out, AJ's computer went ka-put and we all got her a new one. We were family and got involved with the happenings of the other members, it made for strong relationships.

For the most part thats how P&S is today, we care about each other and it shows! One of the things that keeps us close is our get togethers. You talk to people on the board over a period of time and you feel like you know them. Then you go to a clean up or any get together and meet, it's a instant bond and it's strong.

I lurked on P&S for a long time before I came forward. I was looking for something, something special. Here at P&S I found it, you guys hit the nail on the head. It's ideals, moral values and the sence of family.

IMHO most of the members on here could be talking about anything and we would still come together. It's the type of person you are, not really the subject matter.

"Birds of a feather flock together"

P&S is a great community with wonderful people that think alike but we'll need to work to keep it that way. Like any relationship you have to give and take to make it work and keep it healthy. Sometimes it's more giving then taking, those are the time that define you as a person and the people here make the grade!

I've made many a friend here at P&S and I for one would not trade it for the world. This site is made of the stuff that makes the world a better place, lets keep it that way! ;). This ones worth working on my friends.....Hat80

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
I'm stumped, what's "Blue Lodge". All I can say personally about me, is I is what I is, and what you see is (for better or worse), what you get thanks to Mom and Dad I guess, but it is more than apparent, others out here are who they are, maybe thanks to thier folks.

Have Jeep will travel. :D

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Well, if I read between the lines the right way, yeah I forgot about Him, but other places got lots of grief about my GBAK signature.

Oh yeah, gonna try AI Friday to see how elbow is, if all goes well, KDH watch out, there will be some "shaggin'" on your beaches.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I don't know a thing about 'Blue Lodge', but I consider all on this board a friend I haven't met in person yet. If there is anything I can do to help, I'm always willing.

I can't continue being confined to bed and when I'm back up and out, my fellow P&S'ers, we're going fishing. My wheelchair won't make the surf, but we've got the pier.

Tight lines and Good Days to all.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Well, I ain't so good at the pier thing but cross your fingers, cause you can ask Hat, I'll probably cross your line.

·
Super Moderator
10,102 Posts
Yeap,Hat,I can remember how the ole wire was,and yes it was simular to the way folks work on here.. I for one like the way very few toes seem to get steped on here. Know a couple of folks on here,and they are really good people.. I get folks that stay in my rooms from all these boards,and as of yet,haven't found ONE that wouldn't talk ya to death,and you'd enjoy every minute of it.. :D I think the majority of fishin folks are good hearted people,and am proud to be associated with them.;)
Sure wish one of you folks could help me on the pier pilin thing though.. Don't want to see my favorite pier go down before anyone can get to work on it.. Avon is a tradition amoungst all of us in the fall,some have been going for over 30yr..:(

·
Registered
215 Posts
Here's another brother

I have to admit, while we don't discuss anything about it outside the lodge in my area we aren't as secretive. We even do alot of fund raisings for needy causes.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would have guessed there would be more "brothers" among the Military members.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Smoothbore54 said:
Yes, it's spelled right.

I was just thinking, that the members on this Board, seem to have Values and Ideals that are very similar to My own.

It's obvious that our ages and backgrounds are very diverse, but still, there is much We hold in common.

That led Me to wonder if there are any other "Blue Lodge" members out there ?
[/QUOTE

I would be interested in your values and ideals, as a mason you claim that you were lost in darkness and that you are seeking the light of freemasonry.

My values and ideals are based on the fact that Jesus is the light of the world, which would seem to be polar opposite to yours, as satin is as opposite to Jesus. So certainly please do not assume I have your values and ideals.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not about to engage in a religious debate on this Forum, or anywhere else.

It seems that those who know the Least about Freemasonry, always have the Most to say on the subject.

I feel I must address this one statement.

And I quote,

"as a mason you claim that you were lost in darkness and that you are seeking the light of freemasonry."

This is a patently false statement.

The Deeds of Freemasons everywhere, speak louder than any who would criticize that which they do not understand.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Smooth, not that I really yet know what the Blue Lodge is, I do have to stand up and wonder where ukpk, ended up thinking your views were the opposite of his (and, no I am not trying to push religion or beliefs on anyone), but though we may have bumped heads once or twice, as all family members are bound to do, I can't say that I see you as satin, therefore ukpk's opposite. Could be a vice versa thing, but I can't be the first to throw stones (at least this time). Morals, values, family, the meaning of life (and maybe death as we know it) is for the individual, but I cannot sit and read a fairly new "family" member(?) out and out call you the big devil.

Sorry.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Ditto what Fish Bait said, I thought this was a fishing forum, I'm all in favor of leaving the politics(except if it concerns fishing), religion and good old boys clubs to different boards.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Thats right

TO EACH HIS OWN! At least we all know we have one middle ground and that is FISHING!:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Smoothbore54 said:
I'm not about to engage in a religious debate on this Forum, or anywhere else.

It seems that those who know the Least about Freemasonry, always have the Most to say on the subject.

I feel I must address this one statement.

And I quote,

"as a mason you claim that you were lost in darkness and that you are seeking the light of freemasonry."

This is a patently false statement.

The Deeds of Freemasons everywhere, speak louder than any who would criticize that which they do not understand.
I'm glad you want to address that one statement, here is the back ground to my words, and as you say is the least I know.
At your initiation into the blue lodge, if it is like others that I know of, you were blindfolded ( where the term hood winked comes from). You were then led by a noose around your neck into a room that had only the light of a candle. You would then have said some kind of oath containing the words,I have been in darkness and now come to the light of freemasonary, at which your hood is removed, and you are now led by the light of freemasonry. I may know more than the little you think, but I do know this. The word of God, John 8:12 is in direct contrast to your claim as a mason. To just dismiss my claim as patently false is to dismiss Jesus' words not mine. I don't care because He told me the world would hate me because it hated him first, but I would not be a true disciple if I did not point out the error in masonic thought. I don't like using this forum in this way, Iv'e learned more about fishing than life on here, that's the way I like it, but I can't stand by and not protect my values and ideals.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts