Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,
i've never been down to that public ramp. i mostly fish the one at the end of cedar or i use the pier at Bubba's restraunt. which do you have better luck at? thanks.

·
Registered
862 Posts
The only place that I fish from the shore in Poquoson is at the end of Hunts Neck Rd. The simple reason is that it is right down the block. Most times I fish there just go get a little tug. If I want to go farther, I splash either my row boat or motor boat and fish from them.

I have tried at the end of Cedar Rd. exactly one time, from the boat. The waters did look good for pups at high or a falling tide. However, I didn't do any good the day that I tried.

If you do decide to fish at the end of my street the best time is at sunset when it is at or near high tide. Clear water is a big plus. At low tide the water is about 1 foot deep out about to 100 yards (where the osprey nest poles are).

Tom

Tom

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Uh Tom.....you forgot to remind SRay to bring his Off(triple strength). the R

·
Registered
862 Posts
Rondel . . . You are right.

It is not usually the misquitoes (sp?) at this end of town but the knats. They are not there yet but the first two or three weeks in May can be brutal with swarms of hundreds around any exposed skin when you are within 50 feet of the water. The good news is that if the wind is blowing out of the west more than 10 knots they do not bother you.

If you show up and don't have any bug spray ANDDDDD an heavy-set balding guy with a salt and pepper beard (well mostly salt) wanders down with a short-hair brown and white dog. It is probably me. Ask, I usually have some Poquoson perfume in my truck or garage that I am willing to share especially if kids are involved.

Tom

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Tom...I know your area...had recently looked at a house that had gotten foreclosed on back on the water and have fished the end of Hunts Neck with the kids on an occasional summer evening.Could have used the bug spray.I'm off of Browns Neck so I'm not too far.See you around the island.!!! the R

1 - 5 of 5 Posts