Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the P&S board just about every day and have a quick question for Jesse and any of the other Emerald Isle "locals". I get to EI fairly often but haven't been there a couple months. (It's a shame when work gets in the way of fishin.) It look like I'll be able to get down there around new years weekend. Last I heard, the specs were still in the surf. Are the still around? I'm hoping for some mild weather so they'll still be there new years.

Thanks and I've enjoyed all y'alls posts.

Bryan

·
Registered
607 Posts
The trout have thind out on the surf, and there all with in 8 and 11 inches , theres a few mullet and puffers at night and alot of dawgfish

you best bet for trout is radio island , fished there to day caught lot of trout but few keepers

the trout are pritty much gone by new years

Matt

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I read the P&S board just about every day and have a quick question for Jesse and any of the other Emerald Isle "locals". I get to EI fairly often but haven't been there a couple months. (It's a shame when work gets in the way of fishin.) It look like I'll be able to get down there around new years weekend. Last I heard, the specs were still in the surf. Are the still around? I'm hoping for some mild weather so they'll still be there new years.

Thanks and I've enjoyed all y'alls posts.

Bryan
plenty of trout still around ocean side, caught the hell out of them tuesday, its spikefest though, you really gotta weed through all the little ones to get a decent bag of keepers.

its been a fairly warm winter so far in my opinion anyway...there should still be some around, if not the ocean side, pm me and ill throw a couple other spots at ya.

Jesse

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.