Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading to IRI today. Weather forecast is predicting 50% chance of rain today. What I am wondering is whether there is a place to fish under the bridge. I don't want to drive 3 hrs to get soaked wet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got to IRI around 7pm. I fished at surf area near south inlet. Consistent biting with fresh bunker but only skates and small dogfish(? or shark). I decided to quit when I caught two skates on double bottom rig.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Iri

I have never had much luck surf fishing that close to the jetties.. Unless you have a good east wind that blew some bait into the pocket.

If any of you see me down there stop and say Hi, I am always looking to talk fish. I am the big irish guy with a black Gloomis hat on.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I have never had much luck surf fishing that close to the jetties.. Unless you have a good east wind that blew some bait into the pocket.

If any of you see me down there stop and say Hi, I am always looking to talk fish. I am the big irish guy with a black Gloomis hat on.

Good luck!
Isnt there a time when your not allowed to fish the South side from the beach ? I know its a swimming area and have been told its a NO NO .. Perhaps after Memorial Day .
I have also never heard or seen anyone fish that close on the South side .

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Usually the north side is full with surfers. But those pockets hold some fish. The jetty guys cast and land some nice feesh from both sides.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Usually the north side is full with surfers. But those pockets hold some fish. The jetty guys cast and land some nice feesh from both sides.

Very true, I have landed nice rocks, and some decent trout in the whitewash there. I know the north side is a designated surf zone and some times tougher to fish with the surfers. They put up a darn good fight, but are usually foul hooked :D.

Good luck this weekend all!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.