Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great board, I'm glad I was told about this place.

Was wondering if anyone had any experience with a longer (11' and up/ 1-3or 4oz) rod for light plugging and bucktailing from the surf. I'm planning to use an Abu 6500 series conventional reel with PowerPro.

I'm looking at the Purglass 350-0, 350-1 or Conoflex (Nevada) series but can't seem to find anyone who has used em. I did hear that the Zziplex Powertex is great but I the rod section is 7' long I understand and I really need the pieces to be more or less equal to fit into my friend's car.

I have the Breakaway 11'9" for bait (4-6oz) which I love so I'd like to avoid overlapping the capabilities of that rod.

Any feedback is appreciated.

I fish mostly the south western shore of Long Island for stripers, bluefish, weaks, fluke.

best regards,

·
Registered
712 Posts
i have an allstar 1565 thats rated for 1-4 oz but i have cast as light as 3/4 oz and the distance is great it will throw a 2oz stingsilver out of sight and i have cast a 3oz sinker 675 ft.so there are some longer plugging rods out there you just have do the footwork.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.