Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well its about time!!! me and two buddies rented a jon boat and hit the passage ( long creek ) from 8am till 4pm. we always end up just fishin the other side of the wall. well we used live mullet, spot, menahaden and clam everything worked we kep 4 all were good and fat in the mid twenties. we also landed tons of good size croaker. a great day of fishing! with the exception of the half dozen toads we caught. i will post pics as soon as they get developed.

buzz

caught more than just a buzz today!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
long creek?

Sounds like a great day! Where did you rent the boats? Sounds like a day trip my 7 yr old nephew would love and he has a B-day coming up. Thanks for any info on Long Creek as well.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i rented the jon boat through the navy. long creek is the passage that connects broad bay and lynnhaven bay. it produces great fishing. but dont attempt the trip on the weekend there is to much boat traffic.
good luck

buzz

·
Registered
634 Posts
fishinfever... willoughby marina bait store has boats for rent...i think they are $55 for 4 hrs and $8 for each additional hour....

yea catchin..i rent boats from MWR too... you cant beat $150 for 3 and half days for a 18ft center console w/ 115hp hehe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts