Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was gonna go to spsp but woke up late so decided to go to Solomon since it's about a 20 min ride down there. First cast landed a puffer. I keep losing my bait so I decided to go with a smaller hook and just use one rod. Caught a bunch of puffer. I decided to go pick up my daughter and let her get into the action. Came back and the action was still on. Ended up with 17 puffers. My supervisor at work call it "chicken of the bay". I will try to upload pic later since I can't do it from my phone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Are we sure that Chesapeak puffer fish is not poisonous? I know some types of puffer fish are poisonous in the world so I never keep one to try what kind of taste it is.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Those are so tasty eating! Up in Joisey my dad would throw every one he caught in my bucket. A sharp knife and youthful energy made for excellent table fare. As far as poison goes; I don't think so.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Puffers from the tropics eat something off of coral which makes them poisonous to humans. They serve these in Japan and the chefs are specially trained to clean and Cook them. However a few people stil die every year over there after eating them.

·
Registered
905 Posts
about how big were the puffers? I caught some occasionally at point lookout, but not really any size to them...so I just threw them back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts