Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if puffer fish in the atlantic coast are poisonous?? i know in Japan 100's of people dies from consuming the fish from Pacific ocean. I caught 4 good sized puffer fish from Assateague Island and it is supposed to be a one of the best tasting fish, but I don't want to risk my life eating it. :confused:

·
Registered
502 Posts
I ate over a dozen 2 weeks ago and I haven't had any ill effectssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss

·
Registered
309 Posts
I believe the issue with puffers in Japan is they leave a little skin on the meat and that's the poisonous part. So careful skinning should prevent any upchuck or worse.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
We caught some puffers last year at OBX and ate soon after,had no problem,the old guy we had with us showed us how to do it,he made a cut from the head to the tail and up by the head he split the skin apart and two chunks of meat poped out(they look like a split chicken breast)and the rest you through away.Good eaten :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.