Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But here's the thing: this year's drum season was craptacular. The few folks who ran over to the Eastern shore got into fish, but everything was running late.

The spot run was late, and I really expected some nice fish to come out of Back Bay and Sandbridge as the spot surged through. But it didn't really pan out.

But in the last few weeks, the bulls still appear to be around. Drummers are a notoriously tight-lipped lot, but in the last week I've already heard of some nice catches in the area: one of the folks on here picked up a few nice reds on the lower shore, and then a big bull came out of Carova, which is spitting distance from Back Bay.

I know this is just idle speculation from a guy sitting in Baltimore, but persistence pays off, right? I'm hitting there a few days this week. And if you SOBs have been holding out on me, I'll get you. :D

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
And your point is there are drum yet to be caught around SB??:eek: .......hahahahahahaha..............the R

·
Banned
1,208 Posts
Flea,

Best to just keep on gettin' it down 168 to OBX. Heard they had good Speck bite Kitty Hawk to Avalon over weekend, Stripers at OI, and some limited (but more then around here) Drum action Avon to the Point.

My .02 cents and I'll hold out the other .98 ;)

`bucket

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
The season is just screwed up with the water temps still in the high 50's and it already being Thanksgiving the fish don't know what to do. The pups are still running strong in Rudee which to me means the big boys are still around too. It's a late and screwed-up season I'd fish it like it's still the end of October not November. Good luck when you get to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts