Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The prices are $4.00 for 1st rod and $2.00 for 2nd rod..They charge from 0800 to around 9 p.m. After that it is wide open..The only thing is if you are there all night and the people come in in the morning they will charge you.
They are tearing up the stripers and the croakers..

·
Registered
32 Posts
JC, have they started charging all ready. They usually don't start until after the beach season begins.. wuz the deally w/ NB. They're gonna run everyone away from that pier. But, I guess that's what they're trying to do.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
I think I might come tomorrow night just after 9. Fish til midnight and head on home to sleep alittle before work on Friday.

Are there any places to buy bloods that late? Any gas stations carrying them?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Husky, I remember seeing a 7-Eleven that sells bait. It's right after you make your left turn coming from from RT 4 on your left side of RT 260.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hey Husky,
Try Bay Pro Shops 2 doors down from that 7-eleven if they're still open, the Bloods are cheaper there $5.95.

·
Registered
32 Posts
From previous experience I know they're sold @ the 7-11 off Rt 4 and the mart by the Firestation. And they've charged people as late as 10pm from past years I've been there. I hope they don't start that this year, but we'll see.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hey Guys....

If you plan on fishing NB Pier you better buy your Blood Worms before you get there. I got down there last night around 7:30 and almost all stores down there were sold out. Not to mention the pier was packed. Luckily my dad was already there with the bloods and some Squidly Diddly. IM happy to say it was a good night we left with a little over 30 horse croakers and no complaints. MY dad said this was the first time he felt happy to stop fishing. That surprised me because he fishes almost everyday. Just thought Id share with you guys.

MC :)

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Macmaster I was there last night for awhile..I was in the right corner watching my friend John..
I was working on a job for a friend and was taking a break..
I do notknow where they got them but while I was there some people went out and got some blood worms..
the next time you drive by the bait store at waysons corner check outside the front door.
Last year they had a vending machine there and we got worms at sometimes 0200 in morning..It is a drive fromthe pier but when several people kick in for gas it is not too bad..

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
creamer, is waysons corner the one by the seven eleven? If so, turboandy, sam and I went there and bought grass shrimp once.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hey JC...

Me and my dad were right next to John in that right corner.We were a little to his left. we had the Fishing N Mate cart. we will be heading down there tonight. If you come down give a holler. Also I know about the bait machine out in front of C & EJ's. I didnt think to stop there until i was crossing over rt.2 heading to NB. See you at the pier.

MC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts