Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your preferred snacks when you guys fish?

Mine are pistacchios(spelling???) and costco 97% fatfree jerky...

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
snacks?
Man, you must have been the kid with the 5 course lunch on filed trips when all I had was a PBJ.
:D

·
Registered
254 Posts
I don't like to eat to heavy when I fish. I like cheese and crackers, beef sticks, sunflower seeds and fruit. I have a friend that brings a picnic, which she calls her snacks, everytime we go fishing. It is amazing watching her eat and fish.

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
gotta have my thermos full of hot tea in the early AM. I like pumpkin or sunflower seeds to "knosh" on. ;)

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
cHEST2HEAD-Pork Rinds bring in the fish.Well that's what i bust open on the boat,when the bite dies down.Usually brings good luck.
But for the surf,I might bring Peanut M&M's,a granola bar and deffinitly plenty of H2O.

I learned my lessons the hard way about getting sloppy drunk and fishing.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
I thought it was funny, :rolleyes: actually I don't drink while fishing around here anymore.Got warned enuff times by th man to realize it wont worth it. Now sitting on th beach on th OBX for a weekend. ;)

Oh yeah I like Jerky as a snack.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
NSearch4 - Here's a story you can appreciate. When I was a teenager - I'd fish PAX River Naval Station for blues. Being a naval base - they're was a large filipino community that fished. We'd all camp at the river and the mom's would make rice and chicken adobo all day. Nothing like the smell of "chicken adobo" in the morning.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Don't think I can stomach it,not first thing in the morning,Maybe for lunch.I made Chicken Adobo once for my friends while camping.Man,it was like they never been fed.They swallowed it up.

I have to remind myself to keep hydrated and fed when fishing for extended fishing trips.

Passed out one time @ Chix's beach from de-hydration.Fortunatly a jogger found me passed out and called the paremedics.Lemme tell you how embarassing it was to be @ the hospital,sun-burned and my wife having to get me.
I didn't care about my well being,but for my tackle and gear left @ Chix's beach.So that's why I bring tons of water.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Nserch4Drum,

Now that's a story! I need to tell this story to a fishing partner of mine. He never drinks water. His cooler is always full of beer and maybe 1 or 2 sodas. I can't do it. Especially when its hot!

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I always make sure to notice a pizza joint on the way to to my feeshn spot .Then I have one delivered.Its usually late so I get it free.But I do tip the delvery guy well for his effort.Pan Fried supreme pizza with anchovies....nuttin like it when fishin.!!! the R

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Pringels(sp) and cold well water a couple of cans of sardines in oil and crackers and one Twin Brook sub with everything that's if I'm out there for awhile.If I have it deer jerky home made. :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
when I pack, I bring gatorade, water, and jerky.
When my wife packs it for me, all of the above and enough other stuff to feed an army.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Fry,

A run thru Burger King or McDonalds for the $.99 special and a 7/11 stop to get my mega mug topped off with soda. Also, spare water bottles. ;)

macman

·
Registered
374 Posts
Bananas of course. :p j/k

Ahh chicken adobo, one of my favorites. Don't forget the Lumpia, an excellent finger snack. :D

·
Registered
500 Posts
For a long day I bring a couple sandwiches, chips/pretzels, water, soda and a few beers. I have gallon milk jugs and gatorade bottles in my freezer that I use in my cooler. I drink the water as it thaws in the gatorade bottles and have block ice all day.

·
Registered
32 Posts
sandflea cdog.....yep..gotta have my beer,but when its hot I'll drink one water for every 2-3 beers....won't be able to reel em' in if I'm passed out. For food Pig-Skins, sardeans, smoked oysters, vienna sausages, Pickled eggs, any kind of spicy meat stick, hot sauce, crackers, and a coke or two. This kinda stuff hides the bad taste of cut bait thats all over my hands, shirt, pants, and koozie.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts