1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No,not on the football game.. :D

Prediction..
No,not on the football game...

But on the narrows.. The area that was once the road to the false point is now washed through,due to Isabelle..Ramp55 is the only access to the false point now.. I predict,if it doesn't get "staked off" due to birds or turtles.. Which is definatly possible as it is close to the only vegetation and dunes left on that stretch of beach. There are some good looking spots along the sound in there,for pups,flounders,and specks for this late spring and summer.. You should be able to walk over if none of the above take place.. It looks like it could be the hotspot this yr for the tablefare fish...

Definition for those not familiar with Hatteras area: Narrows-stretch of beach between ramp 55 and false point area near Hatteras inlet and ferry dock to Ocracoke.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
DD, when Kevin an I was down last time there was a truck( a bird watcher I might add) that crossed th line. DMF showed up an made th woman drive outta th restricted area while he went an looked for th guy. Came back with th guy an no ticket! :rolleyes: Guess if ya just taking pictures its OK to break th line......:mad:

·
Super Moderator
10,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dawg..

I have no problem with bird watchers,to each his own.. But justice should be "even handed" regaurdless. IF there is no basis for putting up stakes for the birds and turtles(when the time comes),there should be no stakes with signs that say you cannot have access reguardless of vehicle or walk over..I can see it for the sake of the dunes and vegetation not being driven on,but that alone should not be reason to close it for walk overs..IMO

1 - 3 of 3 Posts