Pier and Surf Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Now I know why I've never heard of that knot.:--| I'll just put another shrimp on the barbie, get my bobbin and do some serious PR knot (NOT) tyin' practice.:D Thanks for posting the video but I think I'll pass on this one. At least I now know what a PR knot is. Learned something new today.;)
No worries just trying to help :) btw here is another great trick for changing lures out without tying or having to use a snap swivel that might come undone 20150127_163342.jpg you will need a quality ball bearing swivel split ring and a pair of split ring pliers. this will also eliminate the twist that spinning reels do to line

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
No worries just trying to help :) btw here is another great trick for changing lures out without tying or having to use a snap swivel that might come undone View attachment 14568 you will need a quality ball bearing swivel split ring and a pair of split ring pliers. this will also eliminate the twist that spinning reels do to line
80lb barrel swivel with a Norman speed clip will do. image.jpg

·
Registered
353 Posts
PP super slick cast like a dream but the line does not last what so ever, Samurai BEST! fishing line ever used cast great and last few seasons but its kinda pricey, best bang for the buck will orignal PP cheap and last long that's my 2c.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Pp super slick, I've been using 30lb Pp super slick but I'm dropping down to 20lb this year. I cast like nothing else I have used. Casting lures and bottom fishing. Imo you don't need more than 20lb fishing in the bay or ocean unless your going way offshore. Set your drag and play the fish. I've pulled in a crab pot and buoy on 30lb. Most of the fish we catch will not weigh more than a few pounds croaker,spot, trout, blue's and rock fish. And rays and I've caught some large one's. But like everyone else said it's a matter of personal preference Pp ss 20lb for me. Tight lines gentlemen

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Your good! ;)
Pretty cool. Ever use those things? Might have to pick me up a packet.
These I use for freshwater fishing mainly since they are so small and compact but I have pulled up 20"+ rock up chop tank pier with it so it's pretty solid. You have to buy the barrel swivels separate from the clips and join them.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
When you're slinging around the jetty rocks are you using a leader or tying directly to the Spiderwire Stealth?
I tie my 20# Stealth to a swivel. Then attach a 4' length of 50 lb BBG mono (no need for flouro here) to it and put a snap swivel on the bottom. I usually put a dropper loop 1' from the top swivel for a teaser when casting plugs. The 4' length is great for yanking the fish out of the water near the jetty rocks.

Sandcrab

41 - 51 of 51 Posts