Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its good to be back, power back on, and everything working. But will need a new roof.
Fishing Buxton, and North won't be a problem, but from Frisco south it will be years. Ramp 38 is gone washed to the original steel matting. The dunes are gone south of frisco to hatteras.
3 opening at the sound turnout, with the inlet 300 yards wide.
Have not been north to the tri villages yet but going to try and drive the beach north tomorrow to do a little scouting if not caught by nps.
If you have property here a word of caution if you are trying to get back on the island. Telephone is gone south of frisco period.
Water still there, and power spotty. Make sure you have a place to stay, cause the motels when they reopen are going to be packed. Earthlink access number toast so doing an end around with my wifes computer, and when they are back up will post many photos.
Spent the day yesterday in hatteras village, don't even think about going by boat as you will be stopped ticketed and turned around by the coasties, like I said years before full recovery, not weeks or months. They took the i-wall, and the worst of it.
Its far worse than the photos that they are showing.

Out for now KT

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I'm sure the pics

don't show the full impact. I saw some of the news coverage and I can not believe it. Izzy packed a punch. It's good not many were hurt during the storm.

Take it from this non swimmer.....was feeling it. A small wave sends shiver down my spine. All I could do while watching the coverage was shake my head in disbelief and ask God to watch over those in the path of this hurricane. I feel my prayers were answered. He had to be watching over the folks there.

Be careful out there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts