Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked to some folks yesterday who said they have been catching decent sized fish off the oceanfront 1-3 miles out. LOTS of bait all around. Also heard of a couple big schools of fish 1-3 days away if they keep on the move. from what I hear about the wind (need an E flow to blow the bait in)...I predict some good things in the very near future.

Last year on New Years day, caught a 41"/31 pounder at the market in Sandbridge on a spoon-Like to repeat THAT!

Good luck and Happy New Year

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
I am with you,brother!

That is some good news,and hopefully be one of the lucky ones.

LouDog-If ya see a red F-150 with a rod rack and a filipino driving-gimme a hollar!

I haven't caught a cow in so long,I am forgetting how one feels..tuggin at my line.

Schoolies are fun,on lite tackle,but ain't nuthin like a 20lber tuggin on on 17 lbs Suffix!

·
Registered
337 Posts
That is good news. My season on the bay is nothing to write home about. I am still trying to break the 10 lb mark. And I don't care if I have to add all the fish together to do it. I just want to catch something besides a cold. :( Good luck in january.

todd.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I hope its comes true but I spent the day (wed) 1-3 miles off the beach between the ramada and rudee..skunked..trolled streches,mojos, tomics, storms and even live eels. some got fish out there some didnt. we were one of the boats that didnt.:mad: :(

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry about your luck rock....but that was the area.....Folks I talked to had 7....said the bite slowed with the slack tide, but picked back up.....Apparently the bait of choice was the green stretch25 they were running 5 of em....nothing on the red/white. Good luck this weekend and Happy New Year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts