Pier and Surf Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Jolley, longer sand spikes. If the sand is loose I can drive them deeper. Also keep my line higher and less likely to be walked into by people walking on the beach. I've never liked the little ones you get at Bass Pro and other tackle stores.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Here is my version of a pier/beach cart. This is my prototype that may not work in the sand. Now.. The back deck is collapsible and the back rod rack is removable with the front acting as an arm for an Umbrella stand. Still have some technical things to do, but, the marine cooler will have a foldable bleacher seat and an attached cutting board is in process. My new cart has four wider air tires and will have a wheel locking mechanism. It's still in process. View attachment 12457
I like how you have that parked right beside your recliner! Something tells me your remote control is one of those pockets!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wondering what would be good (and inexpensive) wheels you would use for soft sand situations. want to convert an oversized cooler into a cart

·
Registered
138 Posts
If you are planning on pulling it on sand the wider the better. You could look for some off the front of an old lawnmower, pretty simple just need a long enough piece of round stick for your axle. I seen one once that had tires and wheels off of an ATV, made for really larger foot print but it would glide over the softest sand. An oversized cooler loaded could be a tough pull.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts