Pier and Surf Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Are the PVC pipe on the side rod holders? If yes, how does that work? Looks like the attachment to the wood will not let the rod go in far enough.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes, those are three rod holders. Instead of working harder I chose to cut apart my old frame and attach it to the side of the wagon. Instead of drilling only one side of the PVC to attach the holders I drilled both sides and then widened one to put my bolt through to hold it to the wood. If you look closely you can see the holes on the outside of the pipes, the rounded bolt heads I used are inside the pipes directly across from those. Those holders are for fighting rods, anchor rods will strap across the top of the PVC frame. The frame allows me to stack buckets and hold chairs etc. and is bolted through the bottom of the wagon

On a given day it'll carry ten rods, four buckets, four cast nets, three to four chairs, tackle box, gaff, drop net, towels, food, rain gear and sometimes even a folding hammock. We don't fish for a few hours, we're in the water from sun up to sun down when we hit the pier.

The cooler is separate, it's either strapped to the back and towed or my son pulls it. Completely loaded it's nearly four hundred lbs and can be rolled into the truck and out by one person, fully loaded, on a ramp that it sits on to keep it from rolling around in the truck bed.

·
Registered
125 Posts
My pier cart Just keeps Growing

Fishing cart image.jpg . image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

When you have to have what you need. Weekend on the peir day or night!!!!
Results Count....
Dual Permit 19.5. &. 23 lbs on a live shrimp 4 ft. Under a bobber.....2:30 am.

·
Registered
125 Posts
It's one of those low tech devices for calling for the drop net to land a big fish when you're beyond yelling distance at a long peir, and a cell call just ain't practical!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
The battery is for the dual hose bait pump for mullet and mojaras, in the large bucket, also powers up the old school Q.Beam spot light, I've giving up on the rechargeable ones..
The bottom cooler is for the catch, other ones are grub and refreshments and stack with bungees, o.k.
But when we have a lot of bait for a weekend, I do have an extra folding flat cart for overflow. Got to be ready for whatever comes you're way!!!

What ever happened to a bucket and pole????

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
DSC_0107.jpg
Milk crate holds 6 tackle trays electrician tool pouch holds pliers, crimps, knives and other useful junk. Loaded with a cooler and/or bait tank it balances out fairly well.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts