Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright i know i'm gonna get bias answers here but... i have been thinking about getting my dad a custom 8' p&s rod to get him back into fishing. the thing is, is this what he really wants?? i mean for someone that hasn't fished in years, and someone have a rod builder build a $300 setup justifiable? i'm not sure if this is the right choice... what do ya'll think??

·
Premium Member
3,869 Posts
alright i know i'm gonna get bias answers here but... i have been thinking about getting my dad a custom 8' p&s rod to get him back into fishing. the thing is, is this what he really wants?? i mean for someone that hasn't fished in years, and someone have a rod builder build a $300 setup justifiable? i'm not sure if this is the right choice... what do ya'll think??
That's a good question- even tho I build rods I would suggest - that it would largely be a waste of money and he might appreciate something else if his interests lie outside of fishing.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The gift is a good Idea, it shows you gave it some thought. It might spark some old memories for him, and get him to go back into fishing.

I would just go to a sports authority, or Sports Store and get some fishing gear that is 50% off, just a basic rod say.

Keep the receipt, you could always return it after the fact. Tell him if he wants a custom rod, you will apply the money toward that...

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
The gift is a good Idea, it shows you gave it some thought. It might spark some old memories for him, and get him to go back into fishing.

I would just go to a sports authority, or Sports Store and get some fishing gear that is 50% off, just a basic rod say.

Keep the receipt, you could always return it after the fact. Tell him if he wants a custom rod, you will apply the money toward that...
agreed

·
Registered
573 Posts
Take him on a small fishing charter where you guys can spend some time together with a good captain where you are almost gauranteed fish. And who knows, if you slay em he might need a new rod and be back in the game again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts