Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Port Canaveral yesterday evening, 12-3-03, from 4:00 to 5:30. I had a couple flounder bites on jig head/grub. Lost one, got one.
Also saw lots of small spanish hitting minnows, I could not find anything small enough to get them to hit. They were also not hitting finger mullet.
Two large blues and a slot snook were taken while I was there; all on plugs.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Sorry it was not you Bruce who had that slot snook , not much time left before the 15 th of this month . Thanks for the heads up at the Port . Wish you better luck next time . :D

·
Registered
210 Posts
Carry some soda straws with you, when you see what size bait the Spanish are feeding on just cut the straw around that size.Slide your line in the straw and tie on your hook, don't use a steel leader just mono, put a clear bobber in front of that (you may want to fill the bobber with some water), then use it as you would a lure.Cast out reel in( at Mackrel speed).:D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good Idea

Thanks Reelbehind,
I have read about straw lures but I never think about when I am there. I"l get some straws today and keep them in my bag.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
make sure you use gold hooks on that straw jigs, also if you can get hold of some small (1/4 -1/2oz) maria viva parade or yo zuri L-jack jigs. THose marias look just like small glass minnows and imho are the best thing going when spanish, bonito, etc. are feeding on small minnows

1 - 6 of 6 Posts