Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys any idea how fishing the Ponce inlet/ Sunglow Pier location might fair this morning. I have some friends who are desperate to fish this morning.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My friends and I went to the jetties at Ponce Inlet. We had gotten there about 12 pm and were getting good bites but everything ran us into the rocks. After lots of tackle lost and the sun beaming so hot, we decided to call it quits. The next trip will definately be either earlier in the day or later in the evening. Eventhough we didn't catch anything it was nice to see some fish caught. One chick had a nice Redfish and another gent I spoke with said he hauled in a 19 incher as well. Mullet were definately all over as many people were getting the smokers and the fingerling.

Tight lines :fishing:

·
Registered
750 Posts
man i would love to have some of those large mullet to fire my smoker up. i know a bunch of you will not agree with me but i think thats good eats. back in early 80s my Dad bought two boxes from Eugene Platts and hauled em back to Tenn. and he put me to work filleting. never seen so many mullet in Tenn. in my life before or since:D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
man i would love to have some of those large mullet to fire my smoker up. i know a bunch of you will not agree with me but i think thats good eats. back in early 80s my Dad bought two boxes from Eugene Platts and hauled em back to Tenn. and he put me to work filleting. never seen so many mullet in Tenn. in my life before or since:D

Smoked Mullet is great :popcorn: :beer:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I went by there this weekend and the locals were catching Reds up front under the restaurant at low incoming tide and flounder as well, all on live finger mullet. There weren't great numbers but the fish were there if you wanted to hang around long enought to catch them. My buddy Mark put a 3-lb flounder on the dock and I actually saw him lose an easy 6-lb flounder right as he was bringing him to the net.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts