Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how the fall pomp run is this year? I haven't seen much posted about them so far this October. I realize we have not had the best weekend weather this month but I am sure there are some dedicated pomp fishermen out there that know the scoop.

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
Does anyone know how the fall pomp run is this year? I haven't seen much posted about them so far this October. I realize we have not had the best weekend weather this month but I am sure there are some dedicated pomp fishermen out there that know the scoop.
I've been big drum fishing to no avail sofar:rolleyes:,but guy on Avon was fishing near the surf and had caught over 20,as well as a mess of spot and some gray trout.. Most of the pomps were in the 2lb range..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Drumdum. I dont fish up that way much. I usually fish the southern coast. A lot at Ft Fisher. I expected to hear from some of the pomp fishermen around that area. I guess they are out fishing. Sometimes it's what you don't hear that matters most. I plan to try them this weekend again. Haven't had much luck so far (4). Even with flees.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts