Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how the fall pomp run is this year? I haven't seen much posted about them so far this October. I realize we have not had the best weekend weather this month but I am sure there are some dedicated pomp fishermen out there that know the scoop.

·
Super Moderator
10,102 Posts
Does anyone know how the fall pomp run is this year? I haven't seen much posted about them so far this October. I realize we have not had the best weekend weather this month but I am sure there are some dedicated pomp fishermen out there that know the scoop.
I've been big drum fishing to no avail sofar:rolleyes:,but guy on Avon was fishing near the surf and had caught over 20,as well as a mess of spot and some gray trout.. Most of the pomps were in the 2lb range..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Drumdum. I dont fish up that way much. I usually fish the southern coast. A lot at Ft Fisher. I expected to hear from some of the pomp fishermen around that area. I guess they are out fishing. Sometimes it's what you don't hear that matters most. I plan to try them this weekend again. Haven't had much luck so far (4). Even with flees.

·
Registered
419 Posts
The Pomps have been kinda hit or miss on HI this fall....I see from some reports that some were caught today, But as soon as the water temps hit about 67 they will be moving down south, which should be very soon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts