Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Talked to a few anglers that were fishing the beach south of Inlet today and they were killing the Pomps there just before the cold front rolled through . The surf looked great this AM . I myself didn't make it out today and with the cold front just arriving this PM who knows when the best bite will be . Could be another day or two .:( Looks like the weather man screwed it up again . Now were to expect highs in the upper 60's and lows in the 40's and another front on Sat .:(

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
All that talk of pompano is making me hungry!:D

·
Registered
46 Posts
bummer

And here I was planning for and daydreaming about a long paddle into the No Motor Zone on my day off tomorrow (Wednesday) to enjoy this recently beautiful weather and hopefully catch some monster fish...

For everyone's future fishing reference:

Wednesday is my day off of work. This means two things,

1. Tuesday will ALWAYS be beautiful outside. The surf will be clean, the wind will be calm, the sun will shine, lunar/tidal factors will provide incredible fish activity. If you are fortunate enough to not be working, this is a good day to fish.

2. A cold front will ALWAYS move through prior to Wednesday morning. By Wednesday morning, a cold front will pass, the temperature will drop, the wind will gust, the sun will hide behind the clouds, and the fish will refuse to feed. There will likely be a chance of rain or a downpour of biblical proportions. This will not be a good day to fish.

...I'll keep you posted if my day off changes. That way everyone will know in advance which day to stay home and clean their gear.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Got 12 Pomps today, bout half mile S. of inlet. For me they would only hit cut clam. Also a few Blue's, but now i will have to work untill next Wednesday, so no more fishing for me:mad:

·
Registered
46 Posts
...do I sound bitter? lol

...nice job Reelbehind. I have never been able to catch pompano consistently for some reason - let alone a dozen at a time!

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
I wonder how they'd like fiddler crabs?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sebastian or Ponce

I assume you mean south of Sebastian Inlet but I want to make sure you are not talking about Ponce Inlet.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I too was wondering if you mean't Sebastian Inlet as well. Can you please clarify. I'm new to this board and would appreciate any help in locating Pompano over on the East coast. I'ts been terrible this past year over on the West coast.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry about the mix up . It tis Sebastian Inlet I was refering to .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts