Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,
I am a fairly new fisherman, and I have learnt that this sport is called "Fishing" and not "Catching" for a reason.:fishing:
I am heading out tomorrow morning for the first time to try and catch pompano off the beach in Hollywood. any tips or clues as to where the best spots are for surf fishing pompano?
I will be using an ocean master rod (8') and Shimano baitmaster 6500 with frozen sand fleas.
Any advice for this newbie would be much appreciated.
If any onethinks one of the nearby piers (anglins, dania) would be better for sunrise pompano, please let me know.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
I wish I was there to help. Maybe SnookMook will be around to give some advice.

By the way, welcome aboard.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
boruchlen--Sand fleas is the way to go, however, I've not heard much in the way of pompano being caught these past four days while I've been down in Ft. Lauderdale.

Most of the pompano action I've been hearing has been to the north a couple of hours. I have not heard any pompano action at all down Broward County way.

There are juvenile bonefish running in the surf south of Anglin's Pier and they will hit a sand flea or a piece of shrimp just like a pompano.

That's about the best info I can give you as I'm not a Broward resident anymore. I just visit and fish on a fairly regular basis.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Yep Pier and Surf and Boatless go hand in hand. Many members in Florida belong and post to both.

Tom, the admin of Boatless links to Pier and Surf on his site if I remember correctly.

I've got links to both on my site as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts