Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are 900,000 to 1 million gallons flowing through each pipe for every inch or two of rainfall,” White was quoted in a 2009 article in The Virginian Pilot. “There’s tens of thousands of cells of bacteria in every liter of water. The hard part is figuring out where the bacteria is coming from.”

But when about $12 million of the original $15 million appropriated for the stormwater project was diverted to cover construction costs for Jennette’s Pier, the role of CSI was diminished, White said, including work on the study. “I’m not directly involved,” she said this week.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Link to full article for context please

·
Super Moderator
1,956 Posts
I want to see where you got your information!! In other words back up your quotes and statements on The building of Jennette's pier, and diversion of funds.

I'm sure you BELIEVE everything you read in the Virginia newspapers, when they report on what goes on in NC.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
I am all for less pollutants in run off. We cannot contain runoff after a rain event like we just had. And there are probably worse pollutants than bacteria. Bacteria are everywhere and not all are bad. Without bacteria in our gut our digestive system would not work. When I was a teenager raw sewage flowed directly into the Cape Fear River. Pollution wise we have made great improvements and yes we have a ways to go. best - glenn

·
Super Moderator
1,956 Posts
Well the Forum Search Engine and top Google competitor has struck again! An hour late with the same info 350 refrenced.

I was asking the original poster to back his statements up, Not You Dave...

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
There are 900,000 to 1 million gallons flowing through each pipe for every inch or two of rainfall,” White was quoted in a 2009 article in The Virginian Pilot. “There’s tens of thousands of cells of bacteria in every liter of water. The hard part is figuring out where the bacteria is coming from.”

But when about $12 million of the original $15 million appropriated for the stormwater project was diverted to cover construction costs for Jennette’s Pier, the role of CSI was diminished, White said, including work on the study. “I’m not directly involved,” she said this week.
THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

PUBLIC FUNDS DIVERTED TO BUILD DRUM PIER AT WHALEBONE JUNCTION.!!!!!!:(

Are the FEDS involved yet, or are they too busy dealing with the DRAFTKINGS fiasco:(

Where can I get in touch with these CROOKED POLITICIANS............VOTE THEM OUT OF OFFICE!!!! or.......................................................maybe they can DIVERT FUNDS TO REBUILD FRISCO :)

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I want to see where you got your information!! In other words back up your quotes and statements on The building of Jennette's pier, and diversion of funds.

I'm sure you BELIEVE everything you read in the Virginia newspapers, when they report on what goes on in NC.
Best to be careful what you believe. Or what you don't believe.

·
Super Moderator
1,956 Posts
First off it "The Island FREE Press" .. So I really put little faith in their investigative journalism.

Secondly, it has Marc Banight's name attached ... I never liked the guy!

Thirdly, I have had to accept the fact that what we all pay in inflated power bills for "stormwater runoff" ( this is how I have to pay for my share, billed through our municipal water services) is just additional tax shoved down our throats for the politicians to spend as they may.
Kind of like "Cap and Trade" just on a smaller scale.

What I am getting at, is when you talk about diverted funds for the construction of Jennette's pier?

At the time we had a Dem House, Senate, and Governor... Not to mention all their minions that came with them.

Why should it even concern a Virginia resident or their news?

Where exactly is pier that nice in Va? You know, one sponsored by the Virginia State Fisheries and Aquarium?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts