Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
150-175yds

That aint nothing;Theres guys that can cast 250+ easily.But Bill R told me 150yds is a good cast.:rolleyes: Still aint nothing.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
75 - 100 yards

Never really measured kinda of wet, deep and cold, but it's my guesstimate, tossing six or 8nbait. Never tried just tossig lead without a piece of bunker with it. Don't know though, figure one day I'll head to the footbal field, maybe 15 pound test, no 40 pound shock leader, and no bunker chunk just to see. Now, should I use 4, 5, 6 or 8 ounces of lead? ;)

·
Registered
712 Posts
hey shaggy

when you go to cast at the football field use a 50# shock leader and a 5oz sinker.thats what we use at the casting tournaments.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Personal best

With 5.25 oz competition sinker and 12' tournament rod 185 yds measured.

With 8nbait 20lb line and 11' 3" CSU Seeker 121 yds measured.

In reality fishing most of my cast are 125 yds or so with up to 6 nbait. Realistic with 8nbait around 95 to 105 yds in good conditions.

·
Registered
712 Posts
i also once casted 8nbait 170 yds but that was with a 20 mph tailwind

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Thanks Markedwards

Now with the 50 pound shock leader, how much? I generally use about three rod lenghts (30 -35').

Now, if could only get a 20mph tailwind on AI instead of what seems the usual 15 - 20 noreaster, may just be able to get 125 - 150 yards with the ol' 8nbait (heck I am a little guy with no A$$, ask Hat, but he has seen my flip flops, but I can't find them now. Hat, you got my flops, I feel naked?).

:D

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Shock leader

I primarily use 11' rods. I use a shock leader that is generally 21'. That gives me about a 6' drop and 6' on the reel itself. I like the Suffix leader material. Seems the dia. is a tad smaller and its more limp that some of the others.

·
Registered
680 Posts
mark. if you cast 5 oz. on a football field, you better be throwing at a cornfield at the other end. from goalpost to goalpost is360ft. if i remember correctly, and i do, you have thrown over two times that distance. when you go into that cornfield, get a few ears for us.:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
712 Posts
bill you've seen where i practice and there's a lot more than corn there!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
maybe 100 yrds..
i had an electric boat set up and could run the line out as far as I wanted and drop it. I sold the setup to one of the kids in the neighborhood and he took it with him when he left. It was cool. You could hook the leader on the rear; run the boat out 150 to 200 yrds and drop the line. My wife's response was "men and their toys."

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I go to a park to cast once in a blue moon to practice casting and I could kill someone using a 5oz sinker.Insted, I use a 2-5 oz all wood block or baseball w/a eyescrew.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts