Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fished at PLO from thursday to friday. Thursday evening was great, initially caught a few croaker and spot, then noticed that bigger fish were schooled up in a bit of a feeding frenzy, but still too far from the pier. Eventually, the school made its way toward the pier, I threw a gotcha-plug and caught a 22 inch rockfish and about an 18 inch blue fish, I wish I could have caught more, but as soon as they came in they kinda went back out of distance. Friday day was a little slow, but as the evening came, started catching blues, croaker, spot, and rockfish, unforturnately all the rockfish I caught were undersize. I did catch a 17.5 inch croaker, I believe the biggest one I've caught. Overall, a very good outing.

Fish-on

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Good job Fred,

keep us posted. Sounds like I may need to make a run back to PLO soon. At least the blues are showing up again. The trout should be here soon, yiipppeeee!....Tightlines :D

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
I bet the trout are already there. If the blues a blitzing there are trout under them. The trick is to quickly get you lure under the blues. Try some heavy metal jigs. Plastics and cut bait are no good here, the blues have them before they reach bottom.

Catman.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey longcaster,

not sure of the weight, but it is one of the bigger/heavier gotcha lures. the one i was using was white with a yellow head and a white thread-like tail.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
how about overcasting the bluies

cast over the blues (if you can) and then the trout will be presented with your offering as you retrieve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts