Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down to PL last night after work. Fished at the Point from 9:00 pm to 7 am. Overall, things were pretty slow, caught 5 croaker - only one was decent size and 4-5 Spot, everyone else around me (Chesapeake side) was doing about the same or less. Can't complain though, light breeze kept the mosquitos away, not too hot, great weather for an all-nighter.

Where are the blues? I guess the wet and cold spring has delayed their arrival, usually can't miss starting early June.

Last night was crowded about managable, don't advise heading down there for the rest of the weekend - it's got to be wall by wall by now. There was a line of cars a quarter mile long waiting to get in the Park when i left at 7 this morning!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Nice report. Try 3M UltraThon for the bugs. It really works for up to 8 hours. They'll come around but they won't bite. I never leave home without it. I landed 16"-18" Blues the second week of May on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. I was fishing on private land. Unless they went back out to sea they should be somewhere around. I plan to try again within the next week.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.