Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let everyone know that Hat80 was killing them blues last night. He gave me a call around 1230 just to rub it in. I am sure he will have a report when he finally makes it back. He is still there.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what I am saying! He said they were some nice blues too. He even said he thinks macs were jumping early this morning and he was gonna try some gotchas. I am thinking about going this weekend. Anyone down?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hey Jason,

im down for PLO this weekend. JUst give me a time.........Tight Lines

MC

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe we can get Hat to join us too. If he is able to go again. I don't know much about that place. Just some of the good spots so hopefully we can get hat to show us the ropes. I have to help my boss move on friday but I might be down for that night or maybe saturday into sunday. We will see.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Wish I could but am positive that the girlfriend won't me go out and play. Maybe next time.
-Anthony

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha!

Yeah I figured that. That is why I never said your name! But hey if she does you know my number. Oh yeah anthony check boating board I replied about charter.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Hat you still sleeping!

Where is the report big guy? Ha! You probably did so good you are exausted. Hey catman you up for a trip to PLO? Or do you want to do boat thing?

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
FL FISHERMAN...Since the weather is susosed to be OK for Saturday I'll be doing the boat thing. If it changes and they call for high winds and rain I'd love to go to PLO with you. Keep your cell in your pocket Friday and I'll give you a call. I'd much rather be catching blues down there than bouncing around in the chop up here and only catching perch and spot.

Catman.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Oh to be young again,

Man these all nighters just kill me! Got to PLO at 9:30pm to find fish-on was there. Fred and his friend already had a cooler full of Blues, as they had been there since Sunday.

We talked BS for a while and I got my lines in the water by 10pm. First fish within 5 mins, nice Croaker on shrimp. From then on it was steady all night and into this morning. Blues on cut bait, Croaker on shrimp and JUMBO Spot on bloods. The Rays did make one pass overnight but they were gone in a hour or so.

I knew last night would be good, incoming tide, high at 2:30am full moon and great weather. Plus we got a lightshow from the Gods all night. but way off so it was no thret and we never got wet.

There were fish jumping all night and I'm sure they were Spanish Macs, had my gotcahs and hopkins ready but they never got in range.

All in all best fishing bar none this summer. I got two Stripers, one 17"er 30 mins after I got there and a 23"er at around 3:30 this morn. Man you know that hurt as she had to go back.

I left PLO at 9am this morning with the cooler loaded. The totals are---15 Bluefish from 1 to 4.5 lbs, 12 Croakers most over 17" and 14 JUMBO Spot less the four I used for cut bait.

Wish you were there, goodnight I'm going back to bed....Sweet dreams!

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice report Hat. Wish I could of came but glad you gave me a call anyways, just to rub it in. :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hat,
Great report. Sounds like you had a goodtime. Question: were you using bluefish rigs or just double rigs for those blues? Also, did you get a chance to fish the causeway or the beach at all? Thinking about heading down there this weekend :D thanks.

-addicted

i was fishing at that little point towards the marina at BP, all the way at the end of the campground. The pier seemd too crowded.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
addicted,

I just used a oversized high low bottom rig. The fish were in there so thick you could have used a saftypin with a grasshopper on it and you would be in the game. I never had a reason to hit the beach or the causeway but when I came in and left there were only 2 cars at the causeway and I never saw the beach.

If I had more than two rods out this report would have read.

VA Man Dies in Fishing Accident From Heart Attack

I sure hope the rains hold out and you all get a shot. Hey MC & FLF I'm up for this weekend....Tightlines

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sounds good! Looks like I am gonna head down there Sat evening and fish through the night. Hopefully in the morning will try for some flounder. Hat did you see anybody get any flounder while you were down there?

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So you gonna smoke those bad boys! I am hoping you'll invite me when you do. I never had em like that before.:D

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Yeah man!

I'll bring some to the next clean up, where ever that might be. That will make everyone happy, right Trigger....LOL

·
Registered
905 Posts
hey clyde,

good to hear you did well, wasn't surprised though, 'cause they were hitting when we left you. i wanted to stay but me and my buddy had already been out there for awhile. i'd like to go this weekend with all you other p&s members, but i really do hate fishing the weekends (fri/sat/early sunday) because of the crowds...but who knows, maybe.

fish-on

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
So Hat you were fishing off the pier,what side or was it the point. And yes, if you bring smoked fish with you,you'll have alot of good buddies following you around.When I get back from Alabama,hope to smoke some catfish filets,last time I had 15lbs. worth and gave them out,but this time I'm smoken. TRIGGER

1 - 20 of 24 Posts