Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

Well tonight is the night. Weather says tides 1 foot above normal and 10-15 mph winds out of the NE. Sounds like perfect conditions to me, although I have a feeling it could get cold. Packing my heavy clothes. I mentioned we would be in a black Toyota truck with roll bar. My bud decided he would drive this time. So we'll be in a burgundy Toyota truck on the causeway. I think Rugger said something about being out there tonight. Good Luck to you. Should be a good night. Baits using tonight chicken, squid, spot, bunker, bloods and minnows caught in my trap. I think that about covers it. Will post results Monday.

By for now :D

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Have you fished PLO before,make sure you or someone brings a lantern,those rock can be dangerous at nite,so have a good time and good luck,save some for me I won't beable to fish PLO till next Friday morning.TRIGGER

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TRIGGERFISH

Thanks for the heads-up. Always bring plenty of light. will have three lanterns burnin. I've been fishing PLO since the early 1980's. It is one of my favorite spots to visit during the weekdays. I like to stay away from the weekend crowds. Also you have to be watchful of the Rock Rats. They just love hanging around waiting for some food(bait) to be left behind. They give me the wooleys. You can hear them moving and scratching around in the rocks. :barf: Nasty suckers.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I'd like to but have honey doo's and usually yard work and take momma shopping and take care of the dogs,I would if I could PLO was the first place I started surf fishing from the "OLD" causeway, if you remember how it was. My best friend(deceased) now used to work down there and used to call me when the "BIG" Blues were hitten. How many people do you all have in the contest? I"ll see if I could talk her into it,but she's very difficult on the subject of fishing and she doesn't fish. TRIGGER

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
FISHNHOLE- there's also raccoons you have to look out for,I had one come up to my feet looking for the small spot I had drop from my hands,it freeked me out,I didn't know what it was at first until I shined the flash lite on it. TRIGGER:eek:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Total Tally???

Hi "TRIGGERFISH",

I am not familiar with the total stats, someone else is handling that department. I do know that there is an abundance of responses for the Point Lookout Shore Fishing Tournament.

I will be participaticing in an "Official" capacity for the Shore Fishing Tournament, which prevents me from entering and winning me some easy money!

My loss is your gain! Best of luck to all the contestants!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
What a bummer,have to watch them "catch" fish and squirm and twitch your fingers "just wishing" that was you out there, you've got great patence,I couldn't do that.TRIGGER

·
Registered
551 Posts
It Is A Real Bummer Not Being Able To Fish!

At least I will be able to share in the camaraderie and friendship of other fishermen at this event.

I will also get a chance to meet the winners and discuss how they caught their winning fish!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts