Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Myself and my buddie Chuck met up with Rugger Fri. night around 8pm at PLO. When we got there the blues were allready running. The good news is the trout have shown up :) At 11pm Rugger went to the car for something and found Master Caster unloading his gear.

All and all a good trip with good friends. The bite was slow at times but steady all night and into the Sat. We all caught fish, blues on cutbait, trout on chicken and spot on bloods. The blues ran from small snappers to nice 2lb fish. We saw and caught allot of trout with about 1/2 of them being keepers.

As the weather gets cooler the fall fishing should be better then the summer has been, thank the Lord. Looks like the season is heating up guys. Good luck to all in the weeks to come.

Think I'll head to Breezy tonight and see if the trout have come this far north yet. Have chicken, will travel...Tightlines

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Okay, where is breezy point (how far from Kent Island)? Have to stay home at least (for better or worse) the end of the Steelers/Ravens conflict (love my football, only wish first game was home).

What time you heading, and what kinda fees? AI still closed, getting tired with the Narrows, and might just be sober enough to make it down tonight for awhile (if not too far) unless we get lucky enough to beat the curtain.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hat80, where on the pier where you guys fishing? I've had luck on the left side about 30yds from the end, seemed we were catching more fish from there than the guys on the end. Good luck at Breezy.

jackson;)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
shaggy & jackson,

shaggy,
I would think BP is about a 1 1/2 to 2 hour drive from Kent in Calvert county. Since they close the park at dark, I don't think it would be worth your time to come down after the game. :( It's $5 to get into the park per person or $10 a car load up to 7 people. I'll post a report if the trout are there. I hope we can hook up soon when you have more time my friend :)

Breezy Point

jackson,
We were on the end from the middle to the right side. It didn't matter where you were. I saw fish caught from the end and both sides of the pier and it was steady fishing for all.

Much to my surprise the pier was not crowed with such nice weather over the weekend....Tightlines

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Off all day Wednesday, and if AI is still closed to 4 wheel, I would be available just about anytime.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Nice job guys. Wish I could of made it down there with ya but hopefully next time. Sure glad to hear some trout have made it up. I know they have been catching them in boats down there but that doesn't help me when I don't own a boat. Hopefully this is gonna be the start of a good fall run.

·
Registered
262 Posts
AI- OPEN or CLOSED

Is there a way to find out if AI is in fact open or closed? Do they post the closing somewhere on AI's site? Thanks, Larry. :)

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Chicken

Good report..was your chicken fished plain or soaken in shedder oil. How far of a drive do you think it is from Wilmington, DE to PLO? Tight lines...Murphman

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Well.........That would be one hell of a drive there murph. PLO is great but with all the good fishing around your area it might not be worth it. But if you insist I would say it is probably a 3 to 4 hr drive. (rough estimate) It is the most southern tip of Md. On the edge of the Potomac river.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
murphman,

We had both plain and soaked. It didn't matter thoe, them trout just wanted their chicken.:D ...Tightlines

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Trigger,

We were useing fishfinder and high low rigs. I think Rugger had a bluefish rig out too. It realy didn't matter. Seemed like the trout hit anything that had yardbird on it. It was a wonderful thing! :D ...Tightlines

·
Registered
37 Posts
PLO (THURSDAY EVENING INTO FRIDAY MORNING)

Great report on PLO. Me and my buddy are heading there this Thurday evening and fishing into early Friday. If your out there stop by and say hello. We will be in a black Toyota Pick-up with a roll bar. Hope to catch a few bigguns. Oh yea we will be fishing the causeway. Always have good luck there.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Trigger,

The zone was from 50' to as far as you could cast. I think if you held a peice of chicken in your hand those two fanged fish would have bit it. I can't stress on that trip they were everywhere...Tightlines

·
Registered
270 Posts
I had three rods out at different distances.. a 13' for distance, a 9' mid-range and a 7' out short. My trout hits were all coming on the 7' rigged with a fishfinder and chicken on 2/0 circles.

Amongst the more interesting moments of the trip were my stabbing Hat with a trout and Hat & his buddy simultaneously fighting the same large ray that took both of their baits. It looked like some kind of weird religious ritual with the two of them bowing and pumping in synch to the fish ;)

What killed me all night was whenever I got a hit on my 9' rod, the fish would run right at the snag in front of pier and loop up. I I lost 4 rigs-- with fish on-- over the course of the evening and morning. Argh. I lost a bunch of others just on the retrieve.. it got to be like fishing at Kent or IRI, lol.

Good time fishing, though, with great company.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts