Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well was heading towards SPSP at aput 5 pm when I got 10 miles down the road and realized I forgot chair and sand spikes!:mad: So disgruntled I had to come back but now I am just going to head to PLO and maybe the PAX NAS. Will be leaving here in about 30- 45 mins. Hopefully traffic has died down. Any one heading out there? Want to join me? If so come up and say hi. Tight lines to everybody!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I cannot go this weekend but I plan on camping next Friday and Saturday at PLO. What do you guys think I should be fisihing for?

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wrong way they don't charge until the weekend so it is actually better to go on weekdays or try to get down there on friday night and stay weekend. MDALINER blues are running pretty good down there and so are the croakers. You should be able to get so spot and maybe a striper. Also you can flounder fish at pier. bitterchild I know right! I would have been real upset. Well as you might notice I didn't make it to PLO, I was heading that way but the sleepmonster started to kick in so I stayed close and went to spsp. See my report on other thread. If anyone went down I am sorry I missed ya and hope you got into some fish!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Thanks for the info FL Fisherman, I'll be headed there with a few friends after work. I'm thinking about doing some pier fishing for the first time and haven't been to PLO in like 8 years or so it seems :) . Which place sell bloodworms cheaper, the Tackle Box ($6.99) or Rick Marina?

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the answer to that is Ricks. I think they were a little over $6 there. He is going out of business I heard. (Anthony told me) So I believe he has some stuff going cheap. Good luck at PLO wrong way. Just make sure you get the left or right corners on the pier. The middle of the pier still has huge snags from that old prison that was there.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I am not sure if he is going out of business or not. It just seems that way because he has been gradually losing business the past few years and he never restocks rods and reels. Also he stopped selling live minnows and he doesn't sell fishing licenses anymore. You may want to ask them if they are going out of business.
-Anthony

·
Registered
720 Posts
Is the pier the best place to fish at PLO? Years ago I've seen some pretty big fish taken at the bay side of the point. None of us fishing tonight has a drop net so it's going to be interesting if we hook up with something big or a skate :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
PLO

I've fished the causeway twice this year. last time about 3 weeks ago. I have caught decent fish everytime. Rockfish, Croaker, Spot, and Blues. Spot caught on bloods, Croaker on squid, and Blues and Rocks on cut Spot. Both times fishing in a different area of the causeway. First time, toward the end (Pier), and the second time toward the front (where you enter). I think if you put in the time you will catch fish. Fish were caught on tides coming and going. Also a couple during slack tides. Both times I fished from 8:00pm until about 7:00am. Both times there was a mini blitz of Rock and Blues in the morning. Make sure your rods are secure the big rays are present but not abundant. Good Luck:cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks guys for the suggestions. I am going possibly thursday , Friday and Saturday. I think I will try the pier On Friday and the causeway on Saturday. If I go on Thursday I will try the Pier. I would love to catch a rock.
I had heard that the middle of the piers has some many snags because Crap Pot Fishermen had sunk abunch of them because they were upset with the pier being built.. You think that is just hog wash? The old hospital seems more likely. Anyway I am hoping for some good fishing this week end. I would love a cooler full.

Blood worms are so expensive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts