Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Houston, We Have A Problem

I've been trying to find a commercial grill/smoker for two weeks now with no luck. The closest one I can find is in Richmond Va. and thats not going to work.

If you are comming to the clean up and you have a small grill or camp stove please bring it. As I remember there are two or three grills at the picnic area by the pier at PLO but better safe then sorry.

I have a Colman stove I will bring and a small grill. Don't forget to bring fule or charcoal also if it's a stove we'll need a griddle top or frying pans.

If we all post here, I'm sure it will come together with no problems...Tightlines

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Doh! I think we have enough to handle it.

Some of the things we will need

chicken & ribs
hot dogs and burgers
charcoal
kielbasas/smoked sausages
baked beans
grills
potatoe salad, plates and utensils
hot dog and hamburger buns
chips
Condiments

Heres what we have so far:

Hat80: potatoe salad, plates, utensils, gloves and trash bags some chicken & ribs.

Orest: pasta salad, some chicken, bake beans and a sauce kraut (fried with bacon and onion)

Triggerfish: two gallons of jumbali

Longranger and Summerplay: soft drinks, water, and snacks

Murphman: some Hot sausages, Hotdogs and buns, a bottle of ketchup, mustard and relish

Domestic_Goddess: dessert

Rugger: kielbasa/smoked sausage and buns

Crawfish: The official Cook!

I would suggest everyone bring their favorite dish so everyone can enjoy it. I would figure around 20 to 25 people.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
i wil be coming from richmond, but i have a small car and i don't think it could haul that commercial grill... i can be the official cook if you need me.

crawfish...

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Got it...look above at edit to post!:)

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I can help cook if a lot of people show up for the clean-up. If not, then I guess I will be picking up trash.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I have a Webber Jr. but I let someone borrow it and it came back with no grate for the charcoal,I'll bring it and see if anybody has an idea on how we can use it.:mad:

·
Registered
905 Posts
clyde,

erik will be going also. he doesn't get on the computer much if at all, but i told him about the clean up and he's down.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Updated!

burgers and hamburger buns
grills

Hat80: potatoe salad, plates, utensils, gloves and trash bags some chicken & ribs.

Orest: pasta salad, some chicken, bake beans and a sauce kraut (fried with bacon and onion)

Murphman: some Hot sausages, Hotdogs and buns, a bottle of ketchup, mustard and relish

Crawfish: The official Cook!

Fish-on: charcoal and chips

I would suggest everyone bring their favorite dish so everyone can enjoy it. I would figure around 20 to 25 people.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
I will bring my gas grill and 2 burner coleman stove.

Since Fish-on is bring Charcoal.

I can also bring a Brinkmen smoker/steam/grill - those tall black cyclinder shape grills.

I can also help with the cooking.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have two small grills that I will be bringing. One for propane and the other for charcoal. I'll also bring a big bag of charcoal and a box of hamburgers and buns.

I'll bring some Grilling tools too.

Big D

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to all you guys!

Sounds like we have plenty of cooking BTU's IE: grills & stoves. Someone please bring some BBQ tools, I will but sounds like we'll need more then one set....again thanks...Hat

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new to this website and don't know too many of you folks. So, I'd like to go this clean-up. I hear, fish-on, will be at the clean-up, do you think he would sign my tacklebox.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome to the board feel_the_power,

Your welcome to come to the clean up. However, be careful of that fish-On guy. He's been known to push people off the pier that ask for autographs. Guess thats what happens when your a BIG star...LOL :D No worries, your on the list....Tightlines

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Updated!

grilling utensils, at least one or two more sets.

Orest: pasta salad, some chicken, bake beans and a sauce kraut (fried with bacon and onion) gas grill and 2 burner coleman stove(one propane one charcoal) and Brinkmen smoker/steam/grill.

Crawfish: The official Cook along with Orest and Anthony!

Fish-on: charcoal and chips

DFishmon: two small grills, big bag of charcoal and a box of hamburgers and buns and Grilling tools

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
I'll bring one set of utensil, cuz that's all i have and some more snacks... cuz i know i can get boring waiting for the fish..

no banana of anything huh? lol...

crawfish

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Maybe if you show up sat. I'll tell you how to get started and what you need to get going. I plan on doing one for Thanksgiving and one for Christmas when Joey is home,one is 18lb. and the other is 23lb. my family would KILL me if I cooked them in an oven.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
"Maybe if I show up Sat."

Don't have to worry about me not showing up, if I say am going to be there, I'll be there. Just the type of person I am.:D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts