Votes: 12 75.0%
  • $20.00 per person

Votes: 4 25.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We will have a pool for the heaviest gamefish at the clean up. You peolpe need to decide on the entry per person.

It will be 80% to the heaviest gamefish and 20% to the lightest fish of any kind (bait don't count) and will end at 11:00pm Sat. night.

The only fish that will count for the heaviest will be: 80%

Rockfish
Bluefish
Trout
Flounder

Anything go's for the lightest fish: 20%

Lets have some fun folks, see you there. :)...Tightlines

You have to be a registered P&S member or a family member of a member to enter this contest

People you need to post the things you will be bringing so FL Fisherman can get it on the list.

Some of the things we will need

chicken & ribs
hot dogs and burgers
charcoal
kielbasas/smoked sausages
baked beans
grills
potatoe salad, plates and utensils
hot dog and hamburger buns
Official Cook
chips
Condiments

Heres what we have sofar, get on it FLF

Hat80: potatoe salad, plates, utensils, gloves and trash bags some chicken & ribs.

Orest: pasta salad, some chicken, bake beans and a sauce kraut (fried with bacon and onion)

Triggerfish: two gallons of jumbali

Longranger and Summerplay: soft drinks, water, and snacks

I would suggest everyone bring their favorite dish so everyone can enjoy it. I would figure around 20 to 25 people.

Attendance List

Master Caster
murphman
Liam
Shaggy
Fish Bait
FL Fisherman & Girl
WtrDog
Triggerfish
OldBay
Anthony
Hat80
Rugger
jangwuah
Searay
Orest
Fish On
CrawFish
Domestic_Goddess & Hubby
Sandcrab
mr_ralphjr
LongRanger
SummerPlay
DFishMon

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Lets go with $10 because after my ticket I am broke for two months:eek: :D

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vote on the poll

It makes it easy to keep track of. I've told you about that speeding, to bad so sad. Redtop Cab...703-522-3333...LOL :eek:

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
I did vote punk!:p LOL And I always got your number, you could be my chauffer!:eek: :D

·
Registered
720 Posts
So there will be only 2 winner for each category? Largest (80%)and smallest (20%)?

Rockfish
Bluefish
Trout
Flounder

Can we just make it $5 per person/group? That way more people might want to join and it would make the experience more fun for everyone at the cleanup. If we have 25 P&S members and every person or group joins @ $5 that's $125 to split 8 ways. If we go largest and smallest, the person with the largest walks away with $25 for a winning fish and $6 for the smallest. It's just a thought :)

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
I like WrongWay's suggestion. 5 dollar per person sounds better with the gas, food, bait and tackle cost... 5 sounds more feasible to me...

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wrong Way, jangwuah,

After being at every one of these clean up's I have found that we will be lucky if 1/2 the people show up for one reason or the other. With 26 on the list right now that would only leave 13 people, thats not much of a pot at $5 a head.

Some of the people won't enter because they won't be staying until 11pm for the contest to end. We have always done at least $10 a head (not a group) at these things and it works out well. The other thing is that if 26 or more people do show up at $10 a head, some one will walk away with a very nice pot.

Hope to see you guys there. :)....Tightlines

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
So keep it at $10. Why change it,I know alot of people will leave before 11pm and we are honest enough if they should win,we can contact them and send it to them.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would hate to see

11 people set the fee for all. If your comming to the clean up you need to vote. :) I'm leaving my house Fri. afternoon for PLO. What ever this poll says the last time I check it on Fri. is what the fee will be set at...Thanks & Tightlines

·
Registered
720 Posts
Hat, there's not that many options to choose from. For me $10 per person is too high and I opt not to enter and due to that, I didn't vote. If there's an option to enter as a pair such as my bro and I, we would enter for $10. I see a few others coming to the cleanup with their son/daughter, spouse or gf so would it be fair for them to enter as a pair/team? It just might be another option to put in the poll.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Hey Wrong Way,

Sorry but I don't think that would work. Heres the deal, lets say we let mommy, daddy and daughter enter as a group for $10. I'm sure they would think that is great.

Now here comes old Joe Blow who has to pay $10 to get into the contest. Thats 3 to 1 odds my friend. See my point? If mommy, daddy and daughter happened to win, old Joe is going to be looking to kick someones butt. Mine, and that ain't happening.:eek:...Tightlines

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
You got my vote...

To qualify for the "heaviest" and "lightest" fish, they have to be legal size - correct?? Can't see awarding a pool for lightest fish on a fish that does not legal size limits. Obviously, the heaviest fish will most likely be legal size...

·
Registered
467 Posts
I Voted For 10.00

Hey guys $10.00 sounds good to me. My son has a football game saturday but i have yet to find out the time so I might be a little late for the clean up. If the game is early then i might be ble to get there right as things kick off..........Tight Lines

MC

·
Registered
108 Posts
"Mommy, Daddy and Daughter"
..........hmmmmmmmmm.......who could he be talking about? LOL Well, it's just Mommy and Daddy now. 12 year old didn't take to well to being told we were going to be there ALL day.

Question, it souns like it's going to be a bit crowded on that itty bitty pier. We may find our way over to the causeway, how do we prove our catch? Since it's only legal size I guess we hang on to them and don't release? I hope we don't screw up on the legal size issue. Where can we get info on the legal sizes? I think striper changed?

Heck, I just want to here my line scream. I don't care about winning no stinkin' contest. But it wouldn't be bad!!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I guess I can remove the youngun.

That pier is 820' long, I don't think we'll have a problem. Besides alot of people think the place is closed for the season.

Heres a link to the MD fishing regs, you may want to print them out and your right, guess you'll just have to keep a fish if you think it has a shot at the $$$$....LOL See you Sat....Tightlines

Maryland Fishing Regs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts