Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,
I have been hearing some grim reports of SPSP. Mostly just spot with a few descent stripers (hit or miss on those though). Thinking that I will have to change my plans and head to PLO on Sat afternoon and do the all night thing.

There is the Cosway, and the pier...... but is there an area of beach also. If so where is it located. Of course the cosway is nice too. You are so close to the car. Any suggestions ?

Thanx and tightlines,
- Surfman

·
Registered
720 Posts
The fishing at PLO wasn't so hot this past weekend as well. It was a little better than at SPSP though and you can at least catch some spots and croakers to past time. I'm guessing the cosway is the area you first encounter when you enter the park? When I fished that area years ago, it was only productive when large amounts of fish stormed PLO and when bait fish is plentiful. And the bugs in that area is really bad since you got bushes and stuff right behind you on the other side of the street.

I've only fished the pier once ever and this was this year. It's pretty easy fishing if you're looking for that. You don't have to worry about walking over rocks in the dark of night to cast or retrieve. The best spots on the pier if it's slow is the left and right corners. As for the dept of the water, it doesn't seem all that deep on a low tide consider you're out 200 yards from the shore. It's probably only 10-15' it seems.

The areas on both sides of the point are also great fishing areas of the past and I'm sure will still produce. There's also a sandy area if you're fishing the river side at the point and in the picnic/camp area.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.