Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anthony and I met up with Hat80 and Searay to do an allnighter at PLO pier. Pier was packed with people taking advantage of the aftermath of the storms. Saw lots of small rocks being caught with some nice 2 to 3 lb blues. Fishing didn't really pick up till after midnight when some small trout and more blues were caught. Most trout caught were in the 12 to 15" range. Ranger came by and gave someone a ticket for having a 13" trout(which is the regulation now) and an ensuing maley occured. We ended up with a few keeper trout and some nice blues in the cooler. Flounder fished in the morning and had a few nice ones but none put on the pier. It was excellent weather to say the least. Even saw Longranger out there scoping the place out before this weekends fishing tournament. :D

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey sandflea what happened to ya Sat night? I hope you didn't come all the way down and see the pier crowded and left. A bunch of people left before 11 and we were able to get pretty close to the corners of the pier.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Jason pretty much summed it up. He forgot to mention the 15 inch croaker he pulled up. I also saw a few jumbo spot but didn't catch any. The trout we were catching were all caught on chicken. The blues were hitting cut spot and chicken. I think that Hat and Searay ended up with about 10 fish worth keeping. Me and Jason had 2 keeper trout out of about 10, 3 or 4 decent sized blues, the croaker, and I think that Jason pulled up a dink rockfish. I think the fishing was better at Pax NAS, but the company couldn't be any better. As always, it was great seeing you Hat, and a pleasure meeting you Searay, I'm sure that we will be fishing again in the near future, and of course good old Jason. It was a good trip overall, see Pax NAS results for previous day's catch.
-Anthony

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hi FL Fisherman,

It was good to talk with you on Saturday. I wish I could have stayed longer. I fish the beginning of the pier on weekends. The top of the pier did not looked too crowded for me. First we caught spots for bait and then we landed a few blues. My lady had fun. She likes fishing PLO in the fall. We had the blues for dinner on Sunday. I went to Choptank Sunday evening to check on the trout. My fishing buddy caught one 15-1/2" trout. That was the only trout we saw all night and we checked everyone leaving the pier.

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
FL FISHERMAN said:
Hey sandflea what happened to ya Sat night? I hope you didn't come all the way down and see the pier crowded and left. A bunch of people left before 11 and we were able to get pretty close to the corners of the pier.
Ended up having to bag out...sorry. We just got too late of a start to make it.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its all good SF, was looking forward to seeing ya down there again. Till next time!

·
Registered
3 Posts
PLO

Had a great time, with great company. Hat80, Anthony, Fl Fisherman it was a good time. We all took fish, who could ask for more. Jason and Anthony we'll fish again. You guys are the real troopers FRIDAY thru SUNDAY thru Storms. Unreal.....

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Good fishin with good friends,

what more can one ask for? Sorry we missed you LR. Hey flea, I guess one of these days we'll hook up. Until the next time, Tightlines

1 - 8 of 8 Posts