Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went out to PLO with Tunafish yesterday and overall the same story, pretty slow except for a few good periods. I managed to pick up 2 nice size croaker (15+"), a bunch of spot (few jumbo over 8-10"), 15" striper and a small flounder on bloodworms (striper and flounder were released of course). I was unable to pick up some large bluefish that were being caught throughout the day, although Tuna picked up a nice size one. I also saw 3 keeper rock caught as well above 20".

BTW The Ricks Marina just before PLO has some of the largest bloodworms I have ever seen and only $5.99. Good deal.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
That was fun, but slower than expected. Man, I'm beatt!!!!

JamCaster, was that you towards the end? My binocular can only pick up your tripods. If so, how did you do?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You got that right Tuna, I am beat as well but I think it was slow all over this weekend. May have been the weather or something. Hopefully I can get out again before this weekend but it of course looks like rain.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Did you guys fish the pier or causeway?

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Is that the same place you went last time? Have you guys tried the pier yet. It has some good flounder fishing all the way down it. I want to make another trip down there and see what I can get.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No last time we fished to beach past the causeway. The pier was full all day and the good spots were all taken. Besides I would rather fish the beach, it is more peaceful and a lot less tangles since it was very windy that day and I am sure the pier was a mess.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Yeah forgot you are definitely a surf guy. You shold come with us this fall and winter to AI. You would love it. That is true surf fishing. Waves and all. This stuff here around the bay is more what I call fishing from shore.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Will let you know. I plan on going with shaggy first time than getting my orv permit and you would be welcome to come along. Axon should be back by then. Your 12' tica will get some good use. I hope it can handle 8nabait.;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts