Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to PLO with Tunafish yesterday for the first time since the storm. Overall the place looks the same as before except for the back of the park which was closed. Fished from about 10am-9:30pm, overall it was pretty slow at times, a lot of spot, 4 bluefish (12-14") and one 21" striper. Tuna managed to pull in a nice 17.5 blue. Weather was great.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Nice report. I see you are holding your own on them keper stripers now. My good luck must have rubbed off on ya since the last time we met.;) :D

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, and I forgot, I also caught a 10" spot and about a 14" croaker both on cut spot. Quite odd for them to hit cut bait.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Yeah it is but I was getting 12 in perch on cut perch at sandy point last time I was there. It seems when they are hungry they will eat anything.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
What type of rig were you useing when you caught the Rock and were you all on the pier or the causway. TRIGGER

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I got there in the morning, I was one of five cars on the causeway and about 6 people on the pier from what I could see., Later in the evening there were about 10 cars but we had plenty of room to move around. I really don't think may people know it is reopened

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We fished in the middle yesterday. THe people in the beginning of the park caught some more blues then us but overall I really don't think it matters too much. It seems that the whole area is pretty similar from what I have witnessed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts