Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took me the better part of a week, but I finally found the right pier at the right time to pull up a load of croakers. Sandbridge pier on the incoming tide today was jumping, mostly small but a few very nice ones. Also caught what I am told is a "Roundhead"...
Thanks to the guys on the pier that helped this west coast guy identify and catch a bunch.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4drum: No, I'm ex-army down from Alaska. I always feel like a dork not knowing the species and techniques, but you gotta learn somewhere.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Alaska I was on the pier Wednesday afternoon and did real well with the croaks.

It was nice meeting some of the board members (8nbait & New York) and putting faces with names.

Rick

·
Registered
904 Posts
My Daughter and her husband (Navy) are in Chesapeake, where is the pier you refer to?? Would like to wet a line when I visit them every couple of weeks or so...thanks..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm new to the area and got the directions on Yahoo Maps. It's Sandbridge Park at
3820 Sandpiper Rd in VA Beach. Nice place, convenient, free, and they're even building a new restroom facility.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Fisherman, I was on the south side about halfway, on the side bench. I really should be more social on the pier as it seems a lot of the board members are there alot. This is my kind of fishing community.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Only free until 31 March. They close for 2 weeks for cleaning/maintenance then reopen on 15 April and it costs $3.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Three bucks doesn't seem too bad, but then I've no info on these pay piers. What would be a usual going rate? Do they usually charge by the person or rod?

·
Registered
500 Posts
You pay by the person, and 3 bucks is cheap compared to the other local piers. You must also pay a buck for parking, but it is still cheaper. $4 has you Experiencing the Fun at Sandbridge. :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good to know, guess I better start digging in the couch cushions. Thanks for the heads-up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts