Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's fishing the tournament this year? I plan on heading down on Thursday to do some scouting/pre-fishing. I fished in the tournament for the first time last year, and had a blast...nothing like fishing 36 hours straight!
Byrd'sWord

·
Registered
72 Posts
My bud from CB and I will be there...again...think this is our 6th year. I was lucky enough to get 2nd place in bluefish last year so hope I can at least place in something. This tourney has gotton HUGE, dang any place plays well. When we first started it was maybe 200 entries. We always have fun and enjoy the fishing marathon like you. My partner went down to Kure Beach pier this evening and said they were catching some pompano, sea mullet, spanish and blues. He said the water was finally turning around after the storms....hope so.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good deal...yeah anywhere on the leader board paid pretty good last year. I'll be fishing on the 4wd access at Fort Fisher. Hopefully all of the fresh water coming from the river (as a result of all the recent rain) won't affect the fishing too much by next weekend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts