Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you folks have a favorite place at Playalinda?

I've been there 3 or 4 times, usually setting up at 7 - 10 or where there are the fewest number of cars.

I've been avoiding 13 because everytime I get up that far North, it seems like the parking lot is packed

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
320 Posts
I like to go to 11, by after noon it is full of cars also, but only because all the people go to 13........so the beach is usually empty. 11 is also cart friendly. If I get there early I sometimes go to 13 and head to the right, at which again you Will have the beach all to yourself, because all the nudes go to the right to get behind the imaginary line for them. 13 has about 4 steps so is not to bad.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My favorite is spot 11, I went to 10 on sunday the 27th and found too many inconsiderate people, crowding me in. I really like 11, and 13. I have found a outsuck a little south of 11 and caught some tasty Pompano, but I doesn't seem to be there any more. Question? I was talking to a local , and hes said that about A mile and a half or so north from spot 13, that there is supposedly a barge that was sunk just off the beach, and holds good fish. Anyone heard of this or know it to be factual? I know its a long walk, but what the heck, I'm game if I can pull some grouper off the beach. Thanks

just remember its fishing, A way of life!!!:D

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cart friendly is good! I found a commercial version of your cart on-line somewhere (only about $189.00), and already have visions of PVC pipe dancing through my head to duplicate it!

Had the "Incredible Inconsiderate Family" set up about 100' to my south on Saturday, but since the surf was running south to north, the kids and their boards / tubes kept drifting wayyyyy too close to my line. The kids were maybe 7 - 10 years old. One of them asked me what I was fishing for so I told him that there was a cut in the sandbar right in front of where I was fishing that the sharks come in and out of....man they couldn't move down the beach fast enough!

I am so ashamed. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts