Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Playlinda (parking #8) Saturaday from about 7:30 til 11:00. There was a run-out just left of the dune crossover. Caught three snapper blues on mullet chunks and fresh shrimp. It was hard to detect fish on the line because the surf was so rough.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I think you did well Bruce considering the conditions. Thanks for the report. :cool:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey Bruce,

Do you go out to #8 most of the time? If so, I've probably seen you and probably even talked to you before. I pretty much live at that parking area (either in the lagoon or on the beach).

As soon as this wind dies down, I'm going to have to get out of the 'goon and go catch some blues on the beach. Some of the most fun I've had at Playalinda was hooking up with blues on all my rods at the same time and bringing them in one after another.

Andrew

·
Registered
46 Posts
...which reminds me: Blues have very sharp, backwards-pointed teeth. One way of not impressing your friends is to catch one and use your finger to point at said teeth when enlightening your friends as to this fact. Your friends may find it humorous to see you running around like a girl after the Blue turns it's head and bites onto said finger... I, however, did not find it at all humorous (well ok, maybe a little) to have to walk ten minutes down the beach with a fish gnawing on my finger to enquire of a stranger if I could borrow their pliers to remove a fish from my digit.

Just some words of wisdom!

Andrew

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reply to WTF

WTF - I look forward to meeting you. I don't get to playlinda much, but I bought a pass so I'll try to go more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts