Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday 11-14-03
Playalinda #8 3:00 - 5:30 pm No action on finger mullet or sand fleas. Saw one flounder caught.
Port Canaveral 7:30-10:00pm @ ports end park Finger mullet were taken a number of times by flounder but I can't hook those things. I let them have it for several minutes. I changed hook sizes. there were decent numbers of finger mullet swimming around. I saw one flounder, one mangrove, and one spanish caught. Bite turned off about 9:00.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Bruce-

What size and style of hook are you using? I was down there last march and saw one guy catch 5 flounder within an hour or 2 span with a kahle hook and live shrimp. I dont understand why you're having such a problem hooking them. At least you're getting something to take your bait, I've been having a hell of a problem getting anything to take my scaled sardines up here, really annoying.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Joe,
I am using kahle hooks with the finger mullet. I have tried #2, #5, and 2/0. What's up with that? I have had some success with 1/4 oz jig heads with curly tail grubs, but mostly small flounder pick those up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts