·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They were takin at Kure Beach Pier, NC and my camera is a Fujifilm 2600Z 2.0mega pixels

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nothing special.. i just keep it in a camera bag untill i use it then it goes right back into the bag and hooked onto my tackel bag..

seems like my bandwidth is used up on my account so here's the link to my photo album if anyone wants to check out the pictres :)

Tims Photo Album

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not quite sure what it is yet but i couldn't keep 'em off the hook..

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
If you look down on the SC board, we had a whole discussion about those fish. Caught a whole bunch of them last month.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i sent the picture into fishbase.org and they sent it to some scientist to be identified. I've ruled out hake because it dosen't have a whisker on it's chin... it has two long whiskers right where the fishes jaw and body connect. this fishes dorsal fin is also different from a hake. This dorsal fin is all one length... and for being a little guy he had some teeth

Hopefully I'll know in a few days :)

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings Beachbms!

Looks a lot like a cattle egret, which we have a ton of along the Delaware Bay and Intercoastal Waterway wetlands (aka salt marsh.) The beak and leg coloration are different, but I'd guess the same family. Maybe an immature white heron? Blue herons are rapidly expanding around Philadelphia area -- maybe why I hardly ever hear frogs when fishing anymore... (We call the blue herons "dinosaur birds" because of their impressive size and massive bills!)

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings All!

Yo sharkbite! Did you ever get an ID back on the fish? If what you and the other guys were catching IS a spotted hake, and you can get one that weighs a pound or more, there's an open IFGA all tackle record waiting to be filled.... NOAA says they are very common in the Chesapeake Bay. Maybe they're mixed in with the winter flounder!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.