Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very windy, weedy - even rained on me a bit... needless to say I got a lot of bites... I would estimate somewhere in the range of 40 misquito bites... those count right?

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Walked down to the surf in Indialantic myself about an hour ago and the water clarity did not look to bad , but I could see the weeds in the surf .:(
Maybe tommorrow will be our day , who knows. :D

·
Registered
226 Posts
Local surf

I, too, hit the local surf this morning after picking up a few mullet in the river.

Got there about 7:30 am and stayed for about 1-1/2 hours. Caught four bluefish: 2 small ones and 2 nice ones. The waves were large and the current was strong, but at least the weed factor wasn't bad.

I took the boys and a friend to Melbourne Beach pier after lunch. Light drizzle. Mullet everywhere but no takers. One hit and that's it. The wind died and the river glassed over, even with a few sprinkles on and off.
The kids caught a few pinfish and puffers and all was good, even if we were wet.

I decided to take some of my new-found mullet friends on a trip to the beach ~5 PM. MISTAKE!
The waves were crashing, the tide was ripping and the weeds were everywhere. I stupidly decided to try anyway and as soon as I set up, the skies opened up and poured. Hard to believe the river was glassy and calm just an hour before. I froze my a** off and left... defeated. I haven't been that cold since I got back from Colorado!

At least I didn't have to drive far.

I'll be back...................

1 - 3 of 3 Posts